Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Mud Puddle!!


Yup a mud puddle attacked me on my ride yesterday. I was Just Riding Along and bam the mud puddle sucked in my front wheel all the way to the hub and threw me over the bars. I had to fight with the mud puddle a bit to get my bike back from him but eventually I got it back and was able to continue along on my ride/hike.

Life is good right now, I'm back to working in a shop, kind of, I'm working in the build shop for one of the biggest bike shops in North America - Bow Cycle. So now on my time off from the drilling rig I am spending my time building bikes 8 hours a day. I finally got to pick up my very first by my self CAR!! a nice little Subaru Outback 2.5XT.


So now I have a way to get out of the city and explore some trails.

Yesterday I took my new car out to Bragg Creek and tried out some of the trails north of the parking lot. They were pretty good, I started out on a trail called Telephone which was all just double track up the side of the mountain. Looking at the map I saw that there is was a trail called Long distance that should make for a good loop off of telephone so that is what I planed on doing. I got to long distance and aparently they did not put up signs saying that this was a very incompleat trail. There was a little bit of a hike a bike, the whole time I was thinking that this better be worth it when I get to the finished part of the trail, a little more walking and I was thinking - they better have finished a bit more of this trail.

I did eventually make it to where work had been done on the trail and it was worth it, one spot on the trail ran along a little opening that looked out across the mountains to the west and it was hard to stay on the trail and not just stare out at the scenery. Close to the end of Long distance I made my way over to a trail called braggin rights. Now this trail made my day. A rolling downhill with some hard corners and lots of litttle hips and small rock and root hits. I can't wait to do this trail a few more times when it is a little dryer, I can see with knowing the trail I could get some really good flow and some really good speed along it.

Since the mud puddle got me at the start of the trail this is what I ended up looking like by the end of the day.



Its time for some more adventures exploring Alberta trails, which I can say are pretty good, the downs are epic but the climbs are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment