Thursday, August 25, 2011

A big ride followed by a good race

Tuesdays are days off for me right now so that usually results in me doing silly things like riding my bike for way to many hours in the day. This past Tuesday was no different. I decided that I need to get some good long training days in to prepaid for the fall 8 hour, and next week I am going to be down at Albion hills for a little riding of some fun bikes, but since it will be demoing bikes I figure I won't be able to get a good solid ride in. I have decided to bike to albion next Tuesday so to make it a bit easier and so I don't get lost on the way down I decided to make the round trip this week. It was a pretty good ride I put a little wider tire on the cross bike and planes out a route of road, rail trail and dirt road. I figured at least it would be an adventure. And that it was! Nothing overly exciting happened but I saw some good country side, a lot of birds flying out in front of me, I forget what they are called but they have white bums Jo told me about them not long ago so they kind of stood out to me. I also ran o dt a snake in a narrow section of trail.

The ride was good all the way out straight into the wind, and stoped to turn around at Rotary Park in Palgrave.
The way home I got a few calls and messages, aid I couldn't talk because I was on my way back from albion, which confused people since I don't have a car, then I would explain I rode there and back which results in the "you are crazy" response from some of my friends.

All in all a good day on the bike my longest road ride, I hope to do more of those soon.

On to the good race, Wednesday nights at hardwood, always a good night, rode hard and fast but still not able to break that elusive 40 minute time on Gnarly, put in a good effort but not quite there.

Tonight was fun started training Denver, pushed him hard enough to get a little pasta sauce on his jersey but he did well and I hope he learned something. The lesson I tried to teach was when doing interval  recovery go SLOW if you try and recover at 60% your next effort will only be 80% but if you recover at 30% your next effort can be at 100%.


No comments:

Post a Comment