Monday, August 22, 2011

My First Post


Here is my attempt at blogging, I don't know if I will keep it up but I will try...

My goal with this is to have some new type of motivation for riding, maybe start taking some pics of what I see on the trail and on the road, or at the vary least my parents can follow so they can see what I am up to on my bike. So I hope that I can learn to wright some good stories take some good pictures and get some followers along the way.

What better way to start a blog then with a race report.

Yesterday was a first for me, Hardwood was hosting an Xterra Duathlon. 3.8k run, 16.2k bike, 3.8k run. Going into the race I hadn't really been running much just jogging once every couple of weeks with Rudy (my dog), but I have been training pretty good for o-cup and 8 Hour races. My plan was to keep the leaders of the first run in site then get as much of a gap as possible on the bike so I could have some cusion for the last run.

Well the plan worked perfect, I was a min back from the leaders in the first run, started the bike and I couldn't believe how quickly I caught the runners. I put about a 4 to 5 min gap between myself and the runners, as well as a good minute and a half between me and the next MTB'er. The last run was quite slow for me mostly since I had no idea how fast to pace the run, so as a result I had a pretty slow 2nd run time, a lot slower then I wanted. But the gap I had put in during the bike was good enough to win the overall by 1:30.

For the first time ever I got to stand on the top of the podium and get a medal!! I was pretty happy about that.

Thanks to Hardwood for putting on another great event had a blast and a great BBQ after.


No comments:

Post a Comment