Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Giving up one ride for another

So the past week and a half have been pretty crazy. In the spring I had decided that I would work through the summer so I could do one more season of MTB racing in Ontario. Then come the fall time I would head west for a pretty big change in my life. I am heading out there to maybe work in the oil fields maybe work for another bike shop, maybe go back to outdoor adventure stuff we will find out what happens from here.

So last week was filled with a few lasts, it was my last ride at one of my favorite trails, Buckwallow. And a last ride at simco forest behind the board of ED buildings. As well as a last little outing with my friends which may have involved gettin.g dressed up and piling into a limo, it was legen...wait for it....dary. also my last days of pretty much running my own shop, I will miss rahat a little too.

So first Buckwallow, it was a great day for riding, I was still a little tired from the 8 hour the weekend before but I was out riding with Si and his slayer so no need to go fast. It was one of my best days at buck, I had so many good lines that I usually don't hit, I rode pretty much everything. The highlight of the day was I finally cleaned all of bear bluff in one shot, I can clear many parts of it but I had never had a compleat run start to finish before. Plus it was an awsome visit with a good friend.
Then I came to Saturday after a busy week of cleaning, packing, loading, and working, I decided even though I really didn't have time I would go for one last rip out in Midhurst with the boys from work. That was a great ride, pretty fast since I think I have every root and rock on that trail memorized and I could ride it blindfolded. However that was when I realized that it would be my last ride in Barrie for a while as well it would be the last ride on the Element since I am trying to sell it. So there is some mixed emotions regarding leaving Barrie we really are blessed with some great trails weither they are 10 min from work or an hour drive in any direction.

So now I have traded my bike for a big old bus with a dog on it to travel across the country to try something new out in cowtown.

All my friends will be missed, I really did have some really good friends around Barrie both biking and non biking friends. I am also a little sad that I left a wonderful girl behind that I just met at the begining of the summer but we will make this work, I miss you Jolene. Well I will be ariving in Calgary tomorrow morning then the job hunt begins if anybody knows some good shops to work at just let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment