Monday, October 17, 2011

A Little Change of Senery

I have been here in Calgary for a little over a week now, I arrived here on Thursday morning last week and I have managed to do quite a bit since then. I started working at a ski shop, met some of friends of a friend, went climbing, and got out for a good little bike ride when my bike finally showed up four days after I did, even though it was shipped out 8 hours after I left.

Monday morning I had a call that my bike had arrived so I headed down to the bus station unpacked the bike and go tour around the city properly. After I put my bike together I headed along the Bow River North and saw some really nice little parks and little places by the river that were really nice.


After getting home and getting some lunch I headed out for a bit longer ride, since I didn't really know where to go I decided to tour around the city some more, jumped on the Bow river trail again and headed south. Again tons of great little parks and such along the river. Tons of people were srolling around the city center when I passed by. and there were lots of people any time I came by a place people could park and get onto the trails.

When you get to the south end of the city you can see the mountains it is great, I tried to get some pictures but you can't really see then from the camera on my phone.




Twice during my ride I came around a corner to there being deer on the trail. I came around one corner and there was just a little Doe standing on the side of the trail then she ran along the trail in the woods for a bit before she could get deeper in the forest. I came around another corner and there were two small Doe standing on the side of a small hill right beside the trail. I was a little worried about them running me over since I just watched the video of the guy in South Africa the day before.

All in all it was a good day of riding. I got in about 60km, I never left the city, never saw a car right beside me, lots of people though, saw mountains, deer, a flock of seaguls fighting a flock of mergansers. Rode though a provincial park, and only lost my way about half a dozen times (there is a ton of trails though fish creek provincial park).



No comments:

Post a Comment