Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Weekends

So fall time is here and seams to mean that riding is really limited to weekends, because of work and the earlier sun set. But the best part of the fall is the weather. AMAZING nice cool weather for riding, enough rain to keep the trails around here nice and hard and tacky. I had an amazing weekend of riding bikes, all kinds of bikess, all kinds of trails/roads it was fun!

Saturday was a great ride in the Copland with one of my friends, I still don't know how he goes as fast as he does on a 6" travel bike, anything flat or down he  pulls away from me but then when I get going on the ups he still seems to be right there.

Sunday was a great adventure, one that has been in the plans for quite a while. Monovan's/On the Rocks Team rode from Barrie to Creemore. It was a great day for it, there was some good food and beer in creemore all set in some great fall weather, sunny and warm with a little breeze. We headed there on the tail end of the Centurion which ran though Creemore earlier that day.



We got there with plenty of time for a little lunch before the brewery tour so we hit up a little cafe and had some excellent food. We enjoyed the tour then some beers next door at the bar. Does life get any better then biking and beer? The ride back was nice a little bit too much of a head wind for some of us but fun none the less.


Monday was looking like it was going to rain and it was my last chance to pre-ride the 8 hour course.


So off to Hardwood for a ride that would hopefully not end in being soaked. The course is really fun, it is very similar to last year's fall 8 hour, There is a good amount of single track in it, The first half being fairly tight and twisty, but then the second half of the lap seems to open up a bit more. The course suites me pretty good, one long climb at the start, and double track and single track that you can switch up going hard and relaxing on. One lap may be chill though the single track and harder on the doubles but then the next lap you can do the opposite. For me that makes the ride much more interesting. I did get a chance to ride it both in the rain and in the dry seeing as it started to rain on my 3rd lap of the course. It gets pretty slick in parts but there was no standing water on it after a good 45 min of rain. I can't wait until this Saturday, there will be some good competition this weekend with 3 other guys at least that I will hopefully be riding with and battling it out for the podium. Now I just need a good week of rest and good food so I am all ready for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment