Friday, September 23, 2011

I Need an Air Compressor

So Today I learned that I got lucky earlier in the year when I switched over to tubeless I did it in about 5 min a tire with just an ordinary pump in the back of the shop, nothing special. I don't know if it was the tires I was putting on or if it was the rims or if the stars were aligned that day. But today when looking at the forcast into this weekend and looking at all the threads bare with no rubber on my tires I decided to switch over to some new tires. At first I decided I would try the new Ikons but after riding a short bit with those I don't feel like I have the traction I have with some of my other tires. so when I got home I mounted up my speed kings.

First the Ikons I couldn't get them to go they just wouldn't seat into the rims at all, I even tried to set one bead in with a reagular tube, take that out and proceide with only the valve, but no luck, I tried two different pumps and a CO2 still couldn't get the ikons to mount up. So whatever I put some tubes in and got to go out for a fun little ride around the 8 hour course again.

When I got home after a good meal I tried to mount up the Speed Kings, i did eventually get them to set into the rim and hold air but it was a fight. I needed to use a CO2 for one of them but the rear I actually got mounted up with only the pump, but wow was that a workout. Set up the 2nd wheel set with the ikons with tubes just in case but hopefully I won't be needing them on Saturday.

So this is it, The 8 hour is on Saturday, I have my bike ready and my day more or less planed out but with about 6 or 7 fast guys who could all podium I am not to sure how the day is going to play out. However it does it will be a fun day on the bike. According to the weather network there could be some sun, there could be some rain, it might be cold or it might be warm I love this icon meaning "we really don't know what it's going to do"

Now for the part of the plan that is not going so well, I am off to bed at way to late of an hour but hopefully I can get to bed early tomorrow night. as long as I get all my stuff packed up and ready to go for Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment