Thursday, September 1, 2011

Love The Ride

Tuesday was an amazing day of riding! This was the Rocky preview day for dealers at Albion Hills. With the early start to the day I repeated the ride to Albion Hills that I did last week. Since I didn't really make it all the way to Albion last week I didn't realize that I had to turn left to get to the conservation area. So I had turned right and didn't recognized where I was going, it just didn't seem right. I finally turned around and made it to the demo day presentation, enjoyed some coffee and butter tarts while we waited to hear all about the new Rocky Mountain line up. On top of riding to Albion I rode bikes all day pretty much until they packed up. then enjoyed some great beers thanks to Creemore Springs.



Two big highlights of the day, first was the Vertex RSL 970 this bike just plain and simple ripped. I have never been a big fan of the wagon wheels, I find them hard to accelerate as well as I find them a bit long and sluggish in the tight turning spaces. Rocky pulled out all the stops on this bike, they went though 55 renditions of this frame to get it perfect. Highlights include a short tapered head tube, 142mm rear through Compared short chain stays and super thin seat stays, along with a 27.2 seat tube. What does all of this mean...Well it means that we get a frame that weights in at 997 grams and is super stiff competition the descended however it is still super smooth though the saddle. This bike was super nimble but stable though corners, it climbed very well, and with the added traction of the big wheels it extreamley well. What I liked most about it because of all that Rocky did with the bike the back end is not nearly as harsh a ride.

Second was a bike that just made me giggle when I rode it, I liked it soo much that I took it out twice, in different sizes just to make sure what size I felt more comfortable on. Here it is



This bike is just amazing so comfortable to ride, it climbs like nothing else I have ridden, the kashma coating on the fork definitely makes any small bumps disappear and the front wheel track though anything. This bike was so light the acceleration and handling was insane. The biggest thing I found with this bike was the suspension would stay way more active during braking compared to my 2010 element, and the ability to make the bike go exactly where I wanted it to go was effortless. If anything the steering was a little twitchy but something I could get use to. Unfortunately I don't think I will be getting this bike next year but I will definitely be getting his little brother the Element 70RSL.

No comments:

Post a Comment