Friday, September 9, 2011

The Ottawa Valley

It's been quite the busy week, all kinds of prep for next month, some visiting with the parents and a little bit of biking thrown in there. Not nearly as much biking as I wanted but there was something.
The weekend I spent at my parents up in the Ottawa valley, so I took advantage of that the best way I could and climbed to the highest populated town in Ontario. That is highest elevation. The ride up to the top of Foymount hill is quite the ride 230meters up over close to 3 km. Definitely one of the biggest climbs I have done. I also learned that a week of bad sleep and poor eating makes for an unpleasant 4 hour ride. However when I was on the road from Foymount to Quadville I remembered why I love riding my bike, the views were amazing, rolling hills and little lakes, it was great.




 



 The next day after a really good sleep and a big turkey dinner I headed out for quite the opposite ride from the day before. I headed out for some intervals on a route I figured would be relatively flat. I learned that definitely sleep and food makes a big difference as well that fresh pavement and wind at your back makes you feel like a hero. I was flying down the road towards Douglas. I also had to take a little pit stop and grab a few pics of the Bonnechere caves.


Oh ya I almost forgot coming back down Foymount hill I finally broke the 80km/h mark, it is pretty nerve racking hitting those speeds.




2 comments:

  1. Please let us know when you are in the valley again, it would be great to see you... and maybe go for a small ride...
    Sarah Phillion (Musclow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I will, I am planing on heading out west soon but I will be back in the valley at the beginning of October before I leave, I hope you and Jessie are doing well.

    ReplyDelete